Santa Rosa Republican Women Federated (SRRWF)
Santa Rosa Republican Women was chartered in 1945 as Sonoma County Republican Women with the goal of getting women together so they could discuss a range of political issues ranging from city council elections and actions to the Presidential elections of the United States. The women originally met in their homes. That same year the women became part of the National Federation of Republican Women.
As the county grew, the name was changed to Santa Rosa Republican Women Federated.
SRRWF holds monthly meetings, registers voters, educates it members and friends through their monthly newsletter and stays active in the grassroots organizations that work to elect Republicans from various community boards to the Presidency.
What do Santa Rosa Republican Women do?
* Promote an informed electorate and our members through political education and activities
* Educate and empower women for better government
* Support the Republican Party
* Support Republican candidates with elections and precinct work
* Inform our members through monthly newsletters and email updates
* Advocate for local, state and federal legislation
* Register voters, hold candidate forums, challenge the conventional wisdom
* Increase literacy and education through donations of patriotic books to libraries, local schools and other institutions
* Care for our community through donations and volunteerism
* Sponsor students to attend Advocacy Day in Sacramento
* Americanism - support our veterans
* Attend, organize political and social events and have fun!
SRRWF is involved with voter registration, legislation alerts, active letter writing to elected officials to name a few activities.
SRRWF meets on the fourth Tuesday of each month at Flamingo Conference Center in Santa Rosa. The club is dark in July and August.